- Esmane info
Command Line Apprentices sought for challenges and fun!
- Stuck in a draining "IT-janitor" job?
- Installed Linux or *BSD on your computer, but all your friends use Windows?
- Frustrated with the lack of geekiness among your colleagues?
- Fascinated by the world of Unix but never had a good reason to take the plunge?
If one or more of the above applies to you, we might have a spot for you!
Modirum is a growing, multi-national company that provides both software and hosted services for banks, merchants, payment service providers and card companies all over the world.
In order to serve our customers better - and free up time for our Command Line Warriors to do what they do best - we are growing our customer support team. Among the many things we need help with are:
- Handling 1st and 2nd level support requests
- System-level research of issues and inquiries
- Classifying and cataloguing inquiries
- Improving support systems and processes
- Creating, improving and maintaining support documentation
- Keeping the customers happy
You need to have a basic understanding of Unix-like command line concepts and be comfortable with it. More importantly you need a genuine interest in learning more about *nix systems administration and security.
Our preferred operating system is FreeBSD, because it has jails and ZFS. We use MySQL as our database and Tomcat to run most of our applications. Puppet is used to manage all of this. Since we're handling sensitive and valuable information, security is a very high priority.
If you know anything about any of these things, it would be a great plus.
We can offer:
- Good terms and conditions
- Working from "anywhere" (no relocation required as long as you reside in the EU/EEA)
- A great chance to learn about *nix sysadmin work
- A chance to step up into the sysadmin team when you're ready
If you are interested, apply. We look forward hearing from you!