- Esmane info
Requirements for candidates
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the Conversations Platform, expanding the product to become a central component of Twilio’s engagement cloud strategy. This person will be responsible for understanding end-customer needs, build a shared vision with other strategic products, composing product requirements for the team, stewarding an excellent developer experience, and supporting both public customers and internal stakeholders. Their work will be regularly visible to Directors of Product throughout the company.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering well-designed technical products. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, with strong sensitivity to PaaS products, developer tools, or API products.
- Past experience with Marketing and Sales, leveraging them to help you understand the customer and bring your product to market.
- 2+ years of experience as a backend software developer: you know what a good API looks like, and you know what can be accomplished with software.
- Strong writing skills, which allow you to regularly spin up new requirements, reports, and specifications from zero. You will need to write both for product and for engineering.
- Strong analytical skills which allow you to interrogate your work and influence others with your arguments.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience with communication technologies and cloud technologies.
As a Staff, Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, you will be writing specifications and composing roadmaps for your teams, and you will be regularly representing your product and your team to upper management.
DRAW THE OWL & EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to build a roadmap that we can execute.
BE AN OWNER: You will be expected to make formative decisions on what we need to build, and how we should prioritize our energy.
BE BOLD & NO SHENANIGANS: You will need to develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
What we offer
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.