Sanctions Screening Whitelisting Analyst / GFCP ExpertNordea Estonia
- Esmane info
Requirements for candidates
Job ID: 16680 .
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the Organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Sanctions Screening Whitelisting Analyst in Sanctions Production Management, Group Financial Crime Prevention your role involves securing risk-based whitelisting preventing repetitive non-value add false positives from being presented for investigation in Sanctions Screening and that the process remains effective and efficient. In Sanctions Screening we compare lists to transactions or records of relationships – on occasions (in part due to methods of matching and in part due to common names) we generate matches which do not add value in managing sanctions risks because they do not relate to the listed sanctions concern – these are false positives. You will support our Whitelisting capability by conducting qualitative analysis of high hitting list records to identify patterns which indicate false positives, you will help to write rules which enable us to prevent the generation of these patterns of false positives where this does not create undue risk of not identifying true matches, you will help secure good governance around the process including testing the rules and documentation. Through analysis you will help to ensure the sanctions screening risk management controls are operating optimally, your role contributes to keeping Nordea, its customers and society safer.
You will be part of the Screening Management capability, we are focused on securing the best possible screening outcomes. We are passionate, professional and focused on doing the right thing. You will working alongside team members, located in Denmark, Estonia, Finland and Sweden.
What you’ll be doing:
Support analysis of sanctions screening matches generated against transactions and relationship records to identify patterns pertaining to false positives.
Analysing opportunities to reduce false positive matches through risk-based whitelisting.
Create risk-based rules within the screening system which relate identified false positive patterns, supported by documentation explaining the basis and the risk based approach.
Conduct testing to ensure developed rules are functioning as desired, stopping the target false positive population from generating matches for investigation and not having undesirable outcomes in screening (e.g. creating undue risk).
Conduct four eyes review of rules created by others and submit rules for four eyes review.
Seek approval of rules ahead of implementation & present into forums as required.
Validate the efficacy of implemented rules with information from real life screening, reacting if necessary to make changes to rule logic, documentation and approvals.
Conduct trigger based (e.g. changes to list entry) or cyclical (e.g. annual) reviews of rules in production to ensure they are still value add (e.g. removing false positives) and risk based (not creating undue risk).
Follow processes, alongside helping to conduct updates and changes to keep documented process governance up to date, relevant and compliant.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job. This is a position that offers real career growth possibilities.
- Are a driven and high performing individual willing to learn and develop further.
- Are able to work in a fast changing environment and capably respond to ambiguity.
- Are structured, result-oriented and act as a role model for others. You have experience of building strong stakeholder relationships to support your work.
- Are comfortable driving your work both independently and as part of a team.
- Can work on the boundary between business and IT with an ability to conceptually understand business needs and secure their application through technology.
You are located in Tallinn, Warsaw or Helsinki.
Your background will include:
Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving.
- Experience planning and executing complex tasks independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with SQL/ R languages or building macros in VBA.
- Working in a complex and international environment and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Strong English language communication skills (oral and written).
- Developing your own capability.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or significant equivalent experience.
Your background including the following would be advantageous:
- Experience in a regulated environment with a need for high explainability.
- Experience in making risk-based qualitative decisions and analysing testing outcomes.
- Experience in forming processes with complex hand offs, analyzing risks and control points.
- International Compliance Association (ICA) Certification (sanctions focused) or Association of -- Certified Sanctions Specialists (ACSS) Certification or a relevant Master’s Degree.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
What we offer
You have until 30/03/2023 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Adam Veck, via email (email@example.com).
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving our customers and communities. So please come as you are.
- Tallinn, Harjumaa, Eesti
- Kaugtöö võimalus
Adam George Veck
Nordea is a leading Nordic universal bank. We are helping our customers realise their dreams and aspirations – and we have done that for 200 years. We want to make a real difference for our customers and the communities where we operate – by being a strong and personal financial partner.
Ettevõtte koduleht: http://www.nordea.com