- Esmane info
Software Development Engineer in Test at Checkout.com:
As a Software Development Engineer In Test, you'll work against a predefined test strategy for your product and make a significant contribution towards scripting tests using a modern and innovative automation framework.
Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will have an impact towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and on the service we provide.
The Issuing Team is responsible for Checkout.com’s issuing products. These products use proprietary technology to issue payment cards with the mission to provide innovators with the tools to build groundbreaking payment solutions. Consequently, the team improves Checkout.com’s value proposition by closing the loop between Acquiring and Issuing enabling Checkout.com to cover the full lifecycle of payments.
- 3+ years of QA automation experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Good experience with UI test automation (Cucumber / Cypress)
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Solid understanding of micro-services
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Familiar with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like TeamCity and Jenkins
- Very organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical partners
What You'll Be Doing:
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning, etc)
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design for effective testing
- Author detailed test plans and supporting documentation
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Working with existing testing frameworks (Front end, Back end), ensuring standards are met on the testing framework and product implementation level
- Debug, record, and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions across Issuing and being part of the wider QA community
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.