- Esmane info
Univeristy of Tartu, Institute of Computer Science is looking for a Specialist of Quantum Software Development.
The position is for 18 months.
Salary: 1900 euros (gross) per month (workload 0,5)
Starting date: September 1, 2022, or later in 2022
The successful candidate will work within the "Nordic-Estonian Quantum Computing e-Infrastructure Quest" project to make available to HPC users quantum circuit simulators through a common interface that also allows access to quantum computing devices.
- Master's degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Skill set
- Python programming
- REST server programming in Python
- REST client programming in Python
- C++ programming
- Compiler construction
- Familiarity with Bison/Flex parser generation
- Excellent command of basic quantum information science (pure quantum states and unitary operations, density operators and quantum channels, quantum circuit model of quantum computing)
- Quantum "Assembler" languages, incl. thorough understanding of OpenQASM2
Familiarity with near-term quantum computing (e.g., IBM Quantum Experience)
Understanding of quantum circuit simulation (state-vector based)
- Effortless communication in English.
Additional skills that would be welcome
- Some understanding of the internals of the LLVM toolchain (e.g., LLVM IR).
- Some exposure to OpenQASM3.
- Challenging and stimulating work environment with opportunities for personal input.
- Workplace in the new Delta building.
- International work environment.
- Friendly and supportive co-workers.
- Training opportunities.
- Activities related to health promotion and personal development.
- We pay sickness benefits from the first to the fifth calendar day in the amount of 100% of the employees’ average salary.