- Esmane info
Would you like to join a market leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide? Preferred by Nature is currently looking for a
Climate Programme Specialist
Passionate to tackle climate change? Dedicated to carbon emissions reduction? Want to work with organizations from all over the world? Excited to co-lead development and delivery of innovative and practical carbon footprint program? Have technical skills and knowledge related to carbon footprint and carbon projects?
If you recognized yourself, this position may be the right one for you!
Do you have an experience with carbon footprint calculations and carbon projects? Are you looking to apply your skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our services and projects help organisations with their sustainability efforts, build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and support social wellbeing.
We are currently seeking a new team member for Climate Programme Specialist position. This new person will work within our climate program with a primary focus on our Preferred by Nature carbon footprint management (CFM) services. The position is also expected to participate closely in development of the carbon project validation and verification services.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain Preferred by Nature Carbon Footprint Management Standard and related service materials (procedures, templates, ongoing support and guidance)
• Develop and maintain client promotion and guidance materials related to Carbon Footprint Management services
• Conduct CFM audits and provision of other program services in different regions
• Support promotion and sale of Preferred by Nature Carbon Footprint Management services
• Participate in the development of Preferred by Nature services related to carbon projects validation and verification
• Participate in the strategic development discussions around the Preferred by Nature climate program
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in environmental science or similar field.
• At least 4 years’ experience with a similar position.
• Knowledge of carbon footprint measurement, reduction and offsetting, and preferably of some related standards or systems (e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO 14067).
• Ability to calculate carbon reductions and experience with emission reduction measures.
• Knowledge of LCA analyses for different products.
• Ability to work with emission factors, preferably experience with soil or biomass carbon accounting.
• Knowledge of carbon project approaches and some related standards (e.g. VCS/VERRA, Gold Standard) will be beneficial.
• Previous experience with development, implementation, or validation/verification of carbon projects will be beneficial.
• Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage, especially Spanish or French.
• You have interest and ability to travel. This can be up to approximately 40% of working time.
• You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team.
• You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organize and manage your time and tasks independently.
• You are comfortable frequently communicating with colleagues around the world via various technical paltforms.
• You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
• You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
• Work time: full time position
• The position reports to our Climate Director, based in Spain.
• Working location: Preference will be given to candidates located in countries where Preferred by Nature has offices. Expectations on salary level, which may be impacted by the location of the applicant, will be a consideration for this position as well. Considering the other core team members and time zone differences, preferably we are looking for a person located in Europe.
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Expected starting date: as soon as possible
• An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organization with a mission-driven work atmosphere
• A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
• Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
• Potential future international travel opportunities.
• All employees are members of the organization and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 29th July 2021 via the application form below. Please note we will not consider applications submitted without application letter.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Ondrej Tarabus, Director Climate
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia