- Esmane info
What is Stoneridge Electronics?
Stoneridge Electronics Inc. is a leading supplier to the automotive, truck, bus and off-road markets. Our products range from Telematic systems, driver information systems, and tachographs through electronic control modules and power distribution centres to multiplex systems, cockpit switch modules and aftermarket products.
We are proud to develop and supply products and systems to the majority of the most well-known European Vehicle producers like V3P (Volvo Group), Scania, Daimler, MAN, Ford.
Position offered: Strategic Sourcing Manager for Miscellaneous Components in exciting time
(product groups: cable assemblies; connectors, packaging, chemicals, consumables)
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible to lead Procurement activities for a defined commodity group from the point of customer award through end of production. Scope of responsibility may be regional and/or global (in accordance with Commodity Team alignment).
Work with the Commodity Manager to provide input to and execute global commodity strategy.
• Define Stoneridge’s current and future global needs for specific commodity groupings.
• Evaluate nature of market supply along with process and technology trends
• Source in accordance with the commodity strategy.
• Interact with internal stakeholders to drive standardization and strategy execution.
Define and execute strategic sourcing decisions.
• Source material requirements to the required specification at a competitive best landed cost terms and in accordance with program targets.
• Participate in APQP / PPAP activities and drive suppliers towards on time product launch.
• Ensure no disruption of material supply that will result in a production stoppage. Expedite orders to ensure on-time deliveries as needed. Negotiate supplier compensation for non-performance (when supplier is at fault).
• Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Manage prices:
Define initial pricing and ensure accurately reflected in ERP systems;
Resolve or escalate changes in price due to supplier by utilizing the Price Change process;
Calculate lowest total cost on quantity/price tradeoffs and work with Planners to execute
• Manage Tooling contracts.
• Manage prototype purchases (e.g., order issuance, delivery timing).
• Evaluate and participate in the vendor qualification process.
• ERP System database maintenance and integrity.
• Contract review and negotiation, as needed.
• Liaise with suppliers both on and off site with a view to improving supplier performance.
• Engage and influence stakeholders in Procurement and cross-functionally.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field; or higher.
• 5+ years Project Management experience within Strategic or Project Sourcing or Supplier Development in an international environment, experience from supply chain management or similar.
• Preferably experience with mechanical components (plastics, metal).
• Flexibility to work with stakeholders in different time-zones (Asia, North America), as well as working remotely.
• Demonstrated executive disposition along with ability to negotiate at Senior levels.
• Experience working in global project team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact positively with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to create and deliver clear, persuasive presentations.
• Proficient in MS Excel.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• 25% Travel
Type of job: full time job
Start of job: on agreement
Additional information: Aleksei Snatkin, email@example.com
Please apply with CV in English. Suitable candidates will be contacted.