- Esmane info
Based in the premises of the Estonian Ministry of Justice, the Project Assistant will work on the project day-to-day operations. Under the direction of VSE Project Manager and Project Officer, she/he will be integrated in the project team and will contribute to the implementation of the project activities through:
- Supporting the Project Officer in Estonia in the management of the project processes, ensuring the delivery of the project to time, budget, and quality standards, ensure compliance with the Grant Agreement signed with the European Commission;
- Working on the drafting of analytical reports and relevant technical and administrative documents as required;
- Assisting the Project Officer in developing and managing relations with stakeholders in Estonia, managing delivery of partner project objectives;
- Organising project events, stakeholders’ meetings and communications;
- Working closely with the Project Officer to make sure the financial requirements of the project are respected.
Skills and experience
• At least two years of relevant work experience in carrying out similar roles;
• Hold a BA degree;
• Relevant qualifications in project management and understanding of victim or similar issues are an advantage;
• Applicants must have the legal right to work in Estonia.
• Very good and proven organisational, and teamwork skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Estonian and English. Fluency in Russian will be an advantage;
• Proven experience in supporting project implementation;
• Proven experience in managing relations with stakeholders;
• Proven experience in supporting communications activities;
• Proven experience in supporting financial activities for project implementation;
• Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft applications;
• Experience of working in multi-cultural and/or international teams.
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people in all situations;
• Very organised with a strong attention to detail;
• Good understanding of the workflow and ability to support project implementation;
• Flexible – post holder will be required to travel;
• Customer focused; able to relate to staff and volunteers at all levels.
Terms of contract and application
Terms of the contract
The position is based in Estonia, in the premises of the Ministry of Justice.
The selected candidate will be offered a full-time contract for a two-year period.
Starting date of assignment: as soon as possible but not later than 1 May 2021.
Salary range between 1500 and 1600 € (gross) per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
Standard Estonian employment contract including statutory benefits.
The application should include:
• an up to date CV;
• a motivation letter outlining: why the applicant wants the job; what special attributes the applicant would bring to the job; and what skills, knowledge and experience the applicant has which are transferrable to this position;
• a minimum of two references that may be contacted during the recruitment process should be mentioned.
Please send your application only electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for sending applications is 2 April, 5 PM (CET).
After the application deadline:
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 8 April.
• Due to covid-19 restrictions, interviews will take place via video link, not later than the week of 12 April.