Job ID: 14627
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking. Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organization to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on the journey with us?
About this opportunity
We are expanding the team of KYC specialists in Estonia.
We are looking AML and Sanction processing specialists for the KYC Services Team which service our branches in New York and London. As a KYC Specialist/Expert for Large Corporates and Institutions, you will work as part of the dedicated Customer Due Diligence Analytics team concentrating on Nordea’s largest corporate customers. The team is responsible for end to end Know Your Customer (KYC)process and part of the wider value chain preventing Nordea and our customers from being used for Financial Crime.
What we are offering is highly interesting and challenging position in a truly international field of Banking and Prevention of Financial Crime. As a Specialist you will have a great opportunity not only to develop your professional skills, but also advance in your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform end to end KYC procedures on customers in NY and London Branches (work tasks will be done out of Tallinn, Estonia)
- Safeguard the customers of our NY and London Branches from ever-growing Financial Crime threats in a complex and global environment
- Evaluate complex customer cases and related AML/CTF risks and assist frontline Business units staff to manage financial crime related risk
- Secure high quality in customer due diligence files
- Ensure to give great customer experience while performing the KYC Service
- Develop further in challenging and rapidly changing area
- Approx half of the team will be working to support NY Branch and the other half will be supporting the London Branch
Specialists/Experts supporting the NY Branch will have to work shifts to accomodate for time zone difference. For these roles there will be 3 days with working hours between 12-20 PM and two days with working hours between 08-17. There will be an even distribution of normal and late working hours between employees. Late working hours will be compensated according to local legislation and Nordea practise.
We offer you an inspiring and international working environment with dedicated, driven and professional colleagues.
The role is based in Tallinn.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with our growing teams in Tallinn, but also with colleagues from both Nordic and Global Nordea branches. You always act with the customers’ needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things and you are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it is difficult. You are committed to empowering others while feeling passionate about doing a great job.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to master direct customer interaction
- Excellent in both verbal and written English is an absolute requirement
- Strong analytical and IT skills topped with the gift of presenting complex matters in clear and understandable form
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape
- Capability to build relationships with key stakeholders in different organizational levels
- Curiosity to dig into details and tolerate routines, but also ability to put those details into a larger perspective
- Ambitious and focused on achieving results
- Capability to accept changing working environment fast, thus you can work independently with quality
- A bachelor degree, master degree is a benefit
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please send us your application with motivation letter via our job portal. We will be running interviews on a rolling basis and based on candidates’ qualifications, so please submit your application as soon as possible. For more information, you are welcome to contact Ayberk Bozkurt: email@example.com
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.